HIPER II V1 Heat Interface Unit Heating Only
The Hiper II V1 Heating only heat interface has a single plate heat exchanger that produces only heating by radiators or by underfloor heating. Using the same design and components as the well-established twin plate version only without the hot water production output. This HIU would be used in commercial applications where only room heating is required, or some domestic applications where electric water heating is installed. The large surface area heat exchanger can give a wide range of outputs depending on the heat and flow available from the heat network supplying these HIUs. The unit could also provide heat output for a small indirect hot water storage cylinder. This cylinder would be fitted with motorised valves and thermostats for control and safety.
Hiper II HIU Features
- Auto Fault Diagnostics.
- Modbus communications to report system conditions or fault conditions to a central monitor or BMS.
- Pay As You Go (Prepayment) switching.
- Integral shut off for Pay As You Go (PAYG) – no external Valve required!
- Automatic closing of the Control valve when power lost for Anti-Scald and stop unnecessary heat returns.
- Pump protection against Pump sticking.
- Heating Radiators or Under Floor (UFH) selection.
- Optimised or Constant temperature Heating option
- Viewing access to Heat Meter calculator by lift up panel.
Functional and Safety Features
- Integral Flushing and Bypass Filter Valve
- Test Ports
- Frost protection function.
- PWM pump speed control.
- Pressure Differential and Flow Control by fast acting PICV with Stepper Actuator.
- Integral Shock Arrestor for cold water supply
- 3 Strainers, one for each circuit
- Filling group for Heating Circuit
On first start up of the HIU, UFH is the factory set default. This design feature eliminates accidental programming high temperatures into floor heating circuits.
For drying or introducing a gradual introduction of heat to newly laid screed in UFH installations there is a European standard EN1264-4 part 4.4.1.
This drying operation is different for different screeds.
- Cement screeds after 21 days have elapsed.
- Calcium Sulphate screeds after 7 days have elapsed.
- Gush asphalt screeds after 1 day has elapsed.
Note that for all screed materials the manufacturer’s specifications should be followed.
The Slab drying function can be initiated during first power up (step 4a) of the controller or by setting on in parameter 94, change parameter setting from OFF to ON.
When it is activated is will deliver a flow temperature limited to 25C for 3 days, before raising the temperature to the UFH set temperature for 4 days before finishing and returning to standby mode. While in ‘slab drying’ mode the screen will show hours and minutes in operation and temperature of the flow to the floors.
|HIPER II V1 HEATING ONLY Single Plate HIU with Ista Heat Meter||HIPER2SPHOIS|
|HIPER II V1 HEATING ONLY Single Plate HIU with Zenner Heat Meter||HIPER2SPHOZE|
|HIPER II V1 HEATING ONLY Single Plate HIU without Heat Meter||HIPER2SPHONM|