- Job Title
- Technical Support Engineer
- Reporting To
- Technical Manager
- Hixon, Staffordshire
Main Function of Job
To ensure the provision of a high level of technical support and customer service, by direct and indirect contact with all external and internal customers within the Washroom, Bathroom, Heating and Renewable markets. To ensure customer requests are processed efficiently in line with processes detailed within the Business Procedures Manual and standards of performance.
Carry out product testing and inspection of products to validate warranty claims.
(In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
- Technical assistance to external and internal customers within the Washroom, Bathroom, Plumbing and Heating and Solar markets
- Returned product Inspections and validation of warranty claims
- Maintenance of product technical data files
- New product development testing ensuring products meet with the relevant regulations, standards and quality requirements
- Quality inspecting and reporting of products
- Provide effective communication across the business
- Ensure effective team working within the department
- Ensure an effective contribution to the continual improvement process
- Ensure compliance with company Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all other company policies and procedures
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer, FAX, Scanner, Telephone, Hand tools, Test/Measurement Equipment.
Qualifications / Education Required
- NVQ / City & Guilds qualification in relevant field or time served engineer: Desirable
- Relevant industry / Plumbing and Heating / Renewables background: Desirable
- Applicant from other engineering backgrounds strongly considered
- Good standard of education within a Technical subject
Working Conditions / Degree of Effort Required
Disciplined operation, attention to detail and accuracy of information.
Ensure compliance with internal business procedures.
Proven record of a similar role within a proactive Technical Team or relevant industry experience
Any Particular Attributes / Aptitude / Skill Required
- Efficient planning and time management is essential
- Methodical work ethic
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to handle difficult situations
- Smart presentable appearance
- Flexible approach
How To Apply
To apply, please click here to email your CV.